It is always good for crane operators to have a manlift installed for his ease of access to the operator cabin. Some old cranes are not equipped with manlifts. Here is a good news for operations units. We are specialised in manlift installation for old cranes.
When we upgrade the electronic & control systems of the crane, most equipment owners would want to upgrade the operator seat, consoles, and even want to replace the entire cabin structure altogether. We have a slew of experience in cabin replacement for STS and RTG cranes.
It is a challenge for the equipment owners to find replacement spare part for their equipment once the equipment manufacturer discontinued the production. We have supplied a slew of reverse-engineered headblocks to equipment owners for both STS cranes and RTG cranes.
- No bush was used in as-built design of many RTGs. Due to long utilisation in operation, especially at uneven gantry lanes, wear and tear are observed on both pin hole and equaliser pin. It creates gantry alignment issues.
- Repair process is tedious for such design. It usually requires new pin and boring works at pin holes.
- For refurbishment work, bushes, as shown in photo, are proposed to use to minimise the repair work in future.
- Selection of suitable type of bush and installation design is very critical.
- Portek has successfully accomplished such refurbishment works on many RTGs.
We are specialised in crack repair of crane structural members and joints at all locations, including boom & girder internal sections, gantry sections, and leg sections. It is imperative to carry out the crack repair soonest possible once spotted, as continuing operating the crane with cracks at structural members and joints will greatly compromise the safety of the operators and equipment.
Headquartered in Singapore, Portek has offices in over 8 countries throughout Asia, Europe and Africa, with staff strength of about 1400 employees.
Portek is a subsidiary of Mitsui & Co., Ltd. of Japan, which is a veritable household name within the industry. Leveraging on Mitsui’s established global network, Portek is able to deliver enhanced knowledge and solutions in port business, as we combine Portek’s niche capabilities and “can-do” spirit with Mitsui’s resources.