- Riga Universal Terminal (Latvia) is a market leader in the handling of bulk wood products within the Freeport of Riga.
- The terminal offers the largest cold storage facility in Freeport of Riga supporting truck and rail operations.
- The terminal has its own rail infrastructure with direct rail connection to Russian, Belarusian, Central Asian and China.
- Portek was awarded 20 years concession to convert a General Cargo Terminal to a Container Terminal, and operate it under BOT contract
- During the takeover, the container industry was booming resulting us to re evaluate and strategize the terminal’s approach to meet the demand
- Within a short span, we managed to do a complete rejuvenation of the terminal by boosting the container capacity, streamlining operational processes, cross training port employees, implementing IT systems, and procure 2nd hand equipment. modifying existing infrastructures
- The transformation and our management of the terminal was a resounding success and BMT is now Algeria’s 2nd largest container terminal
Initially DHU was a conventional cargo handling terminal with warehouses. Assisted by Portek Engineering and Operational teams, DHU today has become a fully equipped terminal with QCs and RMGs, deploying international standards in its operations to handle containers efficiently and safely.
Project DHU – Portek’s crane leasing & maintenance program, one-stop solution for small & medium sized terminals startup.
- Portek signed a 20 years crane leasing & O&M (Operation & Maintenance) agreement in 2013.
- DHU started as a conventional stevedoring company operating Terminal 110-113 in Tanjung Priok, Jakarta
Headquartered in Singapore, Portek has offices in over 8 countries throughout Asia, Europe and Africa, with staff strength of about 1400 employees.
Portek is a subsidiary of Mitsui & Co., Ltd. of Japan, which is a veritable household name within the industry. Leveraging on Mitsui’s established global network, Portek is able to deliver enhanced knowledge and solutions in port business, as we combine Portek’s niche capabilities and “can-do” spirit with Mitsui’s resources.