Portek has reached another milestone in performing crane refurbishment projects as one of the leaders in port equipment engineering works. We have just successfully completed QC7 refurbishment project at ICTSI (International Container Terminal Inc.) in Manila, Philippines.
Despite surging Covid cases in Manila, and some team members had gone down with the infection, our team had managed to brave the difficult situation, delivered the quality work to the satisfaction of the customer, and completed the project on-time. After the successful commissioning and the endurance test, we have conducted a technical training for the relevant personnel at MICT.
Here is what we have done
- Remove existing MG-set drive control, AC drive motor, DC generators
- Design, supply, install, commission and test one (1) set of Siemens Sinamics DC drives, PLC system, encoder and control system for Hoist, Gantry, Trolley and Boom
- Design, supply, install, commission, and test one Medium Voltage Dry-type
transformer complete with switchgear & metering devices
- Design, supply, install one set harmonic filter
- Install new wind monitoring system
- Install new consoles, operator chair, joysticks and all other control components in operator cabin
- Install new boom cabin complete with light/s and controller
- Replacement of festoon assembly, trolley wheels, trolley rails, boom brake, catenary wheel, and side rollers
- Install one new auxiliary transformer for auxiliary control circuit
- Replace all corroded fastening/reamer bolts of crane’s main structures
- Install machinery house ventilation fan, repainting of Machinery House interior